We absolutely love this cold salad, it is perfect for lunch on a hot summer day and even goes great on a bed of lettuce. We’ve tweaked a recipe we picked up while working for a great Denver chef. With perfectly ripe veggies, you’ll get a fresh flavor and unique texture unlike anything else. For how simple it is to make, it’s amazing how delicious it is, and as you can see from the picture, it will wow any guests.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 Ripe Avocados (not too soft, you want them to keep their shape)
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes (heirlooms work great as well!)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- Juice from 1 Lime
- Garlic Powder
- Halve cherry tomatoes and place in mixing bowl
- Skin Cucumbers- *pro tip- we like to use a potato peeler, leaving on thin strips of skin incrementally, to give it a nice look on each slice
- To get the cucumber shape shown in the picture, cut cucumbers on a bias- cut in half longways and cut diagonal slices of each half.
- Cut avocados in half with skin on and remove pits. Squeeze the avocado from the skin, peeling it off and doing your best not to damage the interior. Dice the avocado into uniform pieces.
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl, and add salt and pepper (white pepper if you have it) to finish.