Though we do not eat meat (and usually not eggs) we often cook them for our clients. We served this ham and cheese alongside a spinach and mushroom quiche among our breakfast spread and were able to feed 25. Quiche is a great go-to recipe if you’re having friends for brunch (or you’ve got several mouths to feed everyday), and if you do it right, it can be easier than an omelette or fried eggs. It is always a crowd pleaser.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1hr to 1:15 min
Ingredients: 1 quiche, 8 slices
- One aluminum pie tin and pie crust
- 9 medium cage free eggs
- 1 1/2 T Heavy Cream
- Hickory Ham, Cheddar/Mozzarella Mix (optional: use cooked bacon bits)
- Veggies of your choice: Spinach and Mushroom never fails
- Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray canola oil or smother melted butter in pie tin
- Spread pie crust across tin, pressing down on all sides- fold excess crust over itself for presentation (or simply cut off if you prefer)
- Crack eggs into a bowl and blend thoroughly, add heavy cream and blend
- Sweat your fillings (ham or any veggies) in a frying pan and add to blended eggs
- Pour egg and filling mix into your pie crust, place on center oven rack
- Cook quiche for 1 hr – 1hr:15min or until 165 degrees in the center- It is important that you do not open the oven during this time until at least 45 minutes in. Also, if you live at altitude, this process will inevitably take longer.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, and chopped parsley for presentation and enjoy!