Rainbow Carrots are always a great alternative to regular carrots. They have a great color, and their flavor is different as well- its not all just for show. They make a great side for pretty much any meal, and are so easy to make. We love to use rosemary to accent the earthy, root flavors of the carrots. As always, you are encouraged to experiment with our recipes, and give us feedback! There are a million ways you could go with these (even maple syrup tastes great in roasted carrots- but thats another recipe for another day).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes at 350 degrees
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 bundles (1lb) of fresh Rainbow Carrots (or 1lb package of trimmed carrots)
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined Coconut Oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel carrots, and cut in half longways, exposing the middle root. Cut larger carrots again at the middle, to ensure equal cooking time with the littler ones.
- Pick Rosemary sprigs and chop fine (if you’re hosting, save two sprigs for presentation). Some people prefer dried herbs as opposed to the tedious picking and chopping process, but fresh herbs always make a huge difference in any dish.
- Small Dice Garlic.
- Mix garlic, herbs, oil and spices of your choice in a mixing bowl, and add to a pyrex. Make sure all carrots are evenly dispersed.
- Place on center oven rack for 45-60 minutes. Add salt and pepper before presentation and your rosemary sprigs, and enjoy!