Calling all Vegans (or those on the fence): you still get to enjoy chips ‘n’ queso with your margarita! That’s right: we are giving you queso back. We know this sounds a little redundant, but hang in there. It’s not “queso”, per se, but if the picture above is any indication, its as close to everyone’s favorite cheese dip as you can get, without all the cholesterol and fat to go along with it. How many times have you heard (or said) “I’d go vegan but I just can’t give up cheese.” Well here is your first step.
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes (or leave on low in Croc Pot for as long as you need)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients: Serves 4-6+
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Large or 2 Small Carrots
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (found in Bulk Items aisle in Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, Sprouts, etc.)
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika (any spices you like)
- 3-4 Tbsp of any oil of your choice (great chance to use delicate, low heat oils like sunflower)
- 1/4 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Cuisinart or basic food processor (you can mash manually with potato masher if you don’t have one)
- Wash, and then rough chop potatoes and carrot(s). They will be turned to nearly liquid, so just chop them to speed up boiling process (the smaller the faster).
- Boil until carrots can be broken in half with a spoon without resistance.
- When finished, strain out water and add boiled veggies to your food processor.
- Add your ingredients and blend until smooth. For a thinner dip, add water, or more oil and vinegar to your preference. Add diced tomatoes and onions and your favorite hot sauce for a full on restaurant queso experience. Enjoy!